Saturday, April 11, 2015

Did Someone Say Aroma?


Okay, so this was my first attempt at some Essential Oil Pendants...or Aromatic Pendants...or whatever you want to call them!  They are a little "rough" as I was simply experimenting to see if they would indeed hold the scent of some pure essential oils.  They do, so I am really excited! Here is how I did it. It is soooo easy-peasy that your kids can do it!

Here is the list of what you need. You probably even already have the supplies in your own craft-stash. Four simple (and cheap) things:


*Clay.  I bought this super-cheap clay shown above (Sculpey brand).  It is an oven-bake clay, but you can also use air-dry.  I like the idea of the "terracotta" clay, but they didn't have it in stock at the store I was at.


*One drinking straw (not shown).


*Suede Cord. 


*Stamp (or something that you would like to make    an imprint with).  Any stamp will work.  I used the  Close To My Heart brand stamp, because as you all  know, I LOVE CTMH...and I have a TON of stamps!  
If you use the acrylic-type stamps like shown above,  you don't even need to put it on a block.  I simply  just "shmooshed" it into the clay, and then lifted.

*Essential Oil.  Your choice of scent.


Now that you have all of your materials, it is pretty self-explanatory what you do:


1) Roll the clay out to about 1/4" thick.


2) Stamp your image into the clay.  Cut extra clay from around edges if you need to or desire.


3) Make a hole in the clay using the end of a straw or other small, round object (before baking or drying).


4) Bake your clay if it is oven-dry. Follow the                             manufacturer's instructions.  For the type shown above, it       is 275 degrees for 15 minutes per 1/4".  So, it took only 15     minutes to bake.  OR if you are using 'air-dry',                     then dry according to manufacturer's instructions.


5) String your pendant onto the suede cord.


6) When you are ready to wear, choose your choice of               essential oil.  Add one or a couple of drops to the                 pendant.  And that's it! 


Enjoy the aroma and therapeutic benefits throughout the day!


I recommend using only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils. You get all the benefits and none of the extra 'yuck'.  If you would like to learn more about high-quality essential oils that have amazing therapeutic value, visit HERE. You can find FREE online essential oil classes (to be viewed on your own time)...with freebies!  


Hope you enjoyed this little tid-bit.  Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment