Sunday, February 5, 2012

Altered Art Box

Okay, so I am working on something that I have wanted to do for a very long time.  Since I am a professional procrastinator, "someday" always seems to take quite awhile to arrive...and finally the "Someday I am going to do something with the cute little cigar boxes" arrived!   


I decided to post some pics as I go along.  Hopefully I will finish my project without messing up more than I already have.  But I guess that is the great thing about these projects...If you 'mess' up, you can always just..well,  alter it!


I have already started the top of my box because I couldn't wait.  You can see the pics here.  The top isn't finished, but partially done.  So far there is only one aspect that I am not happy with...but hopefully by the time I am finished, I will make peace with it...;)


 Isn't this a gorgeous gal in this vintage image?  As soon as I can remember the site from which I printed it from, I will post it here (it's on my other computer which isn't running at the moment).  I appreciate this photo so much, I think credit is due from where I received it for free.


 Side of box.  It is only painted right now...but not for long!  Check back in to see progress...:)



These are so much fun to make!  Find old cigar boxes (usually only for sale) or one similar, add some papers, your favorite image, and little doo-dads here and there.  Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment